Nine more suppliers join Salmon Scotland
Another nine service companies and manufacturers have joined industry body Salmon Scotland.
The new members include fish health experts, the world’s largest wellboat operator, a logistics company and a hybrid energy specialist. They bring the total number of members in the organisation to 33.
In October last year, the Scottish Salmon Producers Organisation rebranded as Salmon Scotland, and announced an important change to its remit, representing the many suppliers and service businesses supporting the industry as well as the producers themselves.
The new members are:
- Elanco – fish health specialist;
- Fjord Maritime – supplier of hybrid diesel-electric engines for marine vessels;
- O’Toole Transport – haulage and logistics business;
- PatoGen Ltd – fish health specialist;
- Sølvtrans – the world’s largest wellboat company;
- STIM – fish health and functional feed provider;
- Sundolitt Ltd – manufacturer of expanded polystyrene which is used in fish boxes;
- Vónin – supplier of nets, cages and equipment for fishing and aquaculture; and
- World Feeds Ltd – supplier of cleaner fish feed and specialist aquarium feeds.
Tavish Scott, chief executive of Salmon Scotland, said: “The continuing expansion of our membership is a vote of confidence in the long-term future of Scotland’s farm-raised salmon sector, which continues to grow responsibly. With the Scottish Aquaculture Council shaping the vision for sustainable growth for the next 50 years and beyond, it’s never been more important to have a strong voice speaking on behalf of the sector.
“Salmon farmers who care for their fish daily and produce a healthy, nutritious product that is enjoyed around the world can only do this because of the dedication and hard work of thousands of people in the wider supply chain, right across Scotland. The fantastic response of supply chain companies is testament to Scottish salmon as an international success story.”