Location: Loch Torridon, North West Highlands (Accommodation Available)
Salary: Circa £38,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit Trainee Marine Site Managers to manage the full operation of the Marine Sites in assistance with the Area Manager to control all operations on sites, including Boats and Shore Bases. Responsible for all Fish Welfare and Fish Health issues for all stock under control. In addition to all site and equipment maintenance, waste organisation and removal including mortalities.
This position is the perfect development opportunity for an individual who would like to progress and develop their Site Manager career, as a management development programme will be available for this role.
• Maintain the operation under control and ensure the adherence to all standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Act upon any welfare or disease issues
• Improve the delivery of KPI’s within the area through team work, ensure KPI’s are understood by all staff
• Provide input into and control the total site expenditure to meet or better the budget
• Ensure a safe working environment exists for all site employees, visitors or contractors
• Achieve the highest welfare, husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality standards from the site.
• Maintain accurate and up to date site records relating to e.g. livestock, feed use, environment, bio-security etc.
• Encourage the implementation of opportunities for continuous improvement, aiming to always improve the KPI’s for all areas
• Attend all professional development courses as required, only operating machinery when authorised and trained to do so.
• Bespoke management development programme is available
• Experience of working in Aquaculture & Fish Husbandry at supervisory level, preferably with Salmonid
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to motivate small teams
• Target driven, proactive, result orientated and cost aware
• Experience of working and achieving budgets
• ‘A hands-on’ management style and able to work collaboratively
• Experience of first-hand experience of liaising with statutory authorities such as Marine Scotland/SEPA
• Full, clean driver’s licence
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Enhanced Relocation support/Accommodation Allowance
• Accommodation Available
• A discretionary Staff Incentive Scheme payment of up to 5% of annual salary
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 13th August 2020.