Location: Appleburn, Loch Damph
Salary: £24,799 to £28,118 per annum dependant on experience, plus overtime at an enhanced rate
Why work with us?
- £150 million turnover
- 650 + staff (continually growing)
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company, we are looking to recruit a Senior Freshwater Operative for nine months to support the Freshwater Site Manager in all the day-to-day hatchery operations and assume responsibility for fish husbandry, fish health, boats and site equipment.
- Technical Standards – Operates to the highest standards of husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality standards and supports the Site Manager to ensure that these are embedded through the staff and site. Highlighting and reacting to issues when appropriate in areas such as; Productions, Environment, Quality, Health and Safety, Fish Welfare, Biosecurity and Hygiene.
- Measurement and Control – Understand the site KPIs and support the Site Manager to ensure that these KPIs are used within the team to improve site performance. Also maintaining accurate records of livestock, feed usage and equipment status.
- Site Operations – Meet the highest quality standards, ensuring that all SOPs are followed.
- Health and Safety – Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees on the site. As a minimum, meets the standards set out in the Group Health and Safety policy.
- Skills Training – Attend all courses as required an only operating machinery once authorised and trained to do so.
- Ideally have technical expertise in aquaculture and fish husbandry, preferably previous hatchery work
- Good practical skills – mechanical or engineering experience
- Team player – experience of working co-operatively within a small team
- Comfortable on and around boats and water
- Ability to work weekend rotas and flexible hours as workload dictates
- Sound Numeracy and IT skills
- Committed to maintaining high standards of Health and Safety
- Holds a full, clean UK Driving Licence
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
- Incentive Bonus
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation support
- Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
- Occupational Health Service
- Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Wednesday 11th December