Supporting consultancy and project delivery, The Seaweed Academy training programmes and commercial seaweed nursery facility.
• Location: SAMS, Oban.
• Contract Type: Open-ended
• Work Pattern: Full time (37hrs per week, Monday to Friday)
• Salary Range: Grade 5/6 – £29,619 – £39,745 per annum (depending on experience and qualifications)
• Closing Date: 20th February 2023
Leading on delivery of seaweed projects and services you will work closely with an established delivery team and research colleagues to connect SAMS’ research knowledge and expertise in seaweed mariculture to commercial and regulatory sectors.
We are looking for a project manager who can coordinate The Seaweed Academy and commercial seaweed nursery activity and deliver consultancy to commercial clients, national and local government and NGOs.
The role will require project management and delivery, customer account management, quality assurance, opportunity generation and, when requested, tender preparation. You will report into and work alongside a dedicated project management team and business development colleagues.
Training and guidance will be provided, where required.
Our Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will be educated to postgraduate level in marine/environmental sciences as well as have relevant work experience as a project manager/consultant where you will have utilised your experience to carry out marine environmental consultancy duties, training delivery and project management of seaweed mariculture. Applicants must have a strong scientific background in macroalgae.
As a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication and organisational skills, you will enjoy the challenge of working at the interface of scientific research, industrial challenges and evidence-based policymaking.
In return, we offer an attractive salary package as well as the opportunity for further professional development through mentoring, training and peer support.
• Project Delivery: Project Manage, and/or be part of Project Team, delivering consultancy to commercial customers
• Coordinate all activity of The Seaweed Academy including delivery of training programmes; maintain training calendar; and liaison with new and existing clients and stakeholders
• Oversee activity of the SAMS Seaweed Nursery to deliver a professional service to the seaweed farming industry
• Business development: working with the Enterprise Business Development and Proposals team, support preparation and submission of quotations and tenders. Engage appropriately with the seaweed market to promote SAMS Enterprise capabilities within the seaweed sector
• Develop documentation and processes to enable the Seaweed Academy to achieve Quality and other suitable certification.
• Be pro-active in the application of SAMS Health and Safety Procedures and Quality Management System
• Support other Enterprise projects as required within skill range
We would love to hear from you. If you have queries on the job and would like to talk these through before applying, please email these through, in the first instance, to Iain Gatward – email@example.com
Applications must include CV and Cover Letter and should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref ‘D20/22.IG’ in the subject heading.
Closing date for applications is 20th February 2023 – Interviews will be held by the end of February 2023.
Please note, candidates must have the rights to work in the UK.
Full details can be found here: www.sams.ac.uk/vacancies