Hatchery Operations Manager will be based at Girlsta. Reporting to the Freshwater Manager,
the position will initially entail (not exhaustive):
• Assist in the prioritising and planning of all day to day work, including the allocation of staff and resources as required.
• Undertake the short- and medium-term planning for all hatchery operations, namely stocking, grading, vaccination, smoltification and delivery.
• Liaising and communicating with the hatchery team to ensure the smooth running of operations
• Ensuring optimisation of fish husbandry and procedures at all times.
• Identifying and resolving any problems that might affect fish health, audit compliance, biosecurity or the security of the site.
• Looking after the health and welfare of all hatchery staff and contractors employed on the site.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable skills in fish husbandry and planning and ideally will have experience of RAS hatchery operations and hold a degree in a relevant subject. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, attentive to detail, and a good personnel manager. They must be very capable with Microsoft XL and Fishtalk and have good numerical skills They must also have a strong focus on health and safety.
An attractive salary is available for this position. Performance and loyalty based bonuses are also available for this post. For an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Jon Walden on 07827235492. To apply, please email for the application form.
Closing date will be no later than 21st June 2021 17:00hrs