On behalf of Bradán Beo Teoranta, one of Ireland’s leading producers of Irish organic salmon, we have been retained to assist in the appointment of a General Manager.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Bradán Beo Teoranta, and based at Lettermullen, Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland, the position is responsible for leading, managing, and developing the entire husbandry operation as well as providing strategic direction, technical expertise and management of all marine production to ensure the company’s continued success.
• Provide support to the Managing Director for all aspects of the company’s fish farming activities.
• Provide leadership and strong control for Production at the company’s marine sites ensuring best practice and highest standards are maintained.
• Ensure that all the company’s health and Safety obligations, legal and operational, are complied with.
• Optimisation of feeding of grower fish and smolts, maximising fish growth and FCR and working closely with the company’s feed supplier to achieve feed optimisation and fish health
• Maintain organic standards and all related certifications.
• Monitoring of fish health, including timely sampling of fish for all health matters.
• Management and motivation of husbandry personnel.
• Dealing with all statutory bodies including Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and Marine Institute ensuring the company’s ongoing compliance with licence obligations.
• Play a key role in the development of the company’s capital investment programme.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Significant experience at Management level plus planning, developing and executing plans in line with an organisation’s aims, goals and objectives, ideally within the aquaculture sector.
• Previous experience leading and managing a highly motivated team of people.
• Proven experience in managing relationships with Statutory bodies.
• Excellent I.T., written and verbal communication skills.
• Ideally, a relevant 3rd level degree in aquaculture or equivalent qualification.
For the selected candidate, benefits include:
• A highly competitive salary based on experience;
• Contributory pension scheme;
• Healthcare Insurance
• Attractive Company Bonus scheme;
• Company vehicle;
• Relocation package, if applicable.
Applications please, in strict confidence, by the 29th July 2022 to:
John Madden & Associates, Galway, Ireland. Tel. No.: +353872561442 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bradán Beo Teoranta is an equal opportunities employer
Cuirfear fáilte roimh iarratais trí Gaeilge