Location: Appleburn, Strathcarron
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Freshwater Site Manager to work as directed by the Area Manger in the management of day-to-day operations across two, Freshwater sites. This includes all aspects of Freshwater production from egg to smolt in our hatchery and freshwater loch production units, as well as taking responsibility for all aspects of Fish Welfare, Fish Health and all Fish Stock.
• Manage Operations – Maintain the operation under control and ensure the adherence to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Financial Management – Provides input into and controls the total site expenditure to meet or better the budget
• Measurement & Control – Improves and stretches their delivery of agreed KPIs within their area through the team, ensuring all staff understand KPIs and systems are in place to measure performance against the agreed KPIs
• Health & Safety – Ensures that a safe working environment exists for all site employees, visitors or contractors and as a minimum meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety Policy
• Technical Standards – Achieves the highest welfare, husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality standards from the site
• Team Development – Ensures that the team is resourced by the right quality of people who reflect the SSC values and the needs of the business. Owns all people processes including training and development, holidays and absence
• Site Records – Maintains accurate and up-to-date site records relating to livestock; feed usage; environment; bio-security etc.
• Equipment – Maintains all site buildings, equipment, machinery and boats.
• Must have experience of working at a hatchery as well as Freshwater lochs in an Aquaculture setting
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to motivate small teams
• Target driven, proactive, result orientated and cost aware
• Experience of working with and achieving budgets
• A ‘hands-on’ management style and able to work collaboratively
• Full drivers’ licence.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• A discretionary Staff Incentive Scheme payment of up to 5% of annual salary
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday 27th July 2020.