North East fishermen invited to meeting Published: 21 November, 2006
FISHERMEN in the North East of Scotland are invited to meet representatives of the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency and Scottish Executive on Saturday.
The meeting is part of the ongoing work of the Sea Fisheries Advisory and Reference Group Action Plan, which was launched in September.
The Action Plan sets out steps to help the industry ensure the long term sustainability of fish stocks while maximising profits from a healthy natural food.
Fishermen, processors and anyone who works in the industry will have the opportunity to discuss with and ask questions of representatives of the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency (SFPA) and Scottish Executive about compliance issues, relating to the control and enforcement aspects of fisheries management.
Details: 25 November 2006
Location: Peterhead Maritime Heritage, Peterhead.
Time: The event will begin with an open discussion from 11:00 to 12:30
Between 13:30 and 15:30, the Fisheries Protection Vessel ‘Jura’ will be available for guided tours.
Those present will include:
* Paul Du Vivier, Chief Executive, SFPA
* Cephas Ralph, Director of Operations, SFPA
* Alistair Stewart, Director SFI (Coastal), SFPA
* David Terry, Eastern Area Manager, SFPA
* Mary McAllan, Head of Sea Fisheries (Management) Division, Scottish Executive
* Simon Dryden, Head of Licensing and Effort Management Team, Scottish Executive
* Allan Gibb, Head of Compliance Policy Team, Scottish Executive
www.fishupdate.com is published by Special Publications. Special Publications also publish FISHupdate magazine, Fish Farmer, the Fish Industry Yearbook, the Scottish Seafood Processors Federation Diary, the Fish Farmer Handbook and a range of wallplanners.